Pakistan: Women's Expedition
Pakistan: Women’s Expedition
Learn what life looks like for women living in Pakistan’s vibrant capital city and ancient mountain villages. Join a local female leader as she takes you on a unique journey to the Hunza Valley. See the communities and landscapes associated with the hallowed Karakoram and Hindu Kush mountains and meet pioneering women working on female empowerment projects throughout the region. Trek to alpine lakes, ancient glaciers and the remnants of ruined empires, then witness the evolution of modern Pakistan in the country’s capital of Islamabad. From cooking classes to village homestays, this women’s only expedition will have you sharing more than just photographs.
- Islamabad – Faisal Mosque (women’s only section)
- Islamabad – Taxila Museum & archeological sites
- Islamabad – Local clothes shopping
- Ghulmet – Rakaposhi View Point
- Gulmit – Village walk & family visit
- Gulmit – Women-run carpet weaving center visit
- Hunza Valley – Ondra Polygah hike
- Gulmit – Local beauty salon visit
- Hunza Valley – Passu Glacier hike
- Hunza Valley – Borith Lake hike
- Hunza Valley – Passu Village visit
- Hunza Valley – Pakistani Home Cooking Class
- Hunza Valley – Traditional music performance
- Hunza Valley – Attabad Lake
- Karimabad – Baltit & Altit Forts
- Hunza Valley – Ciqam Women’s Social Enterprise visit
- Hunza Valley – Women-run cafe lunch
- Hopar – Family cooking class
- Hopar – Hopar Glacier walk
- Gilgit – Local market
- Islamabad – Golra Railway Station
- Islamabad – Shah Allah Ditta Caves
- Islamabad – Rawalpindi Markets
- Islamabad – Jamia Mosque Rawalpindi
- Islamabad – Local salon visit
- Islamabad – Saidpur village
- This is a rare opportunity to travel through Pakistan with a local female leader. Her knowledge and insights will make this an eye-opening and unforgettable expedition.
- Experience a unique female-only salon, owned by a local woman and run out her home in Gulmit, a town that has existed for hundreds of years and is surrounded by mountains and glaciers.
- Spend time with the inspiring women working to empower their communities through local projects including carpet-weaving, cooking classes and cafes.
- Immerse yourself in remote mountain villages while staying overnight and sharing food and stories with a local family.
Gulmit (2465 m)
Hopar (2438 m)
Hopar (2438 m)